Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or “all but essential” travel. Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section.

Frequently Asked Questions

ActivitySure are always happy to help answer your queries, so we've compiled a list below of our most frequently asked questions for our sports and activities travel insurance. Alternatively you can always contact our UK based call centre and a member of the team will be happy to assist with any further questions.

Yes, you must have your main home in the UK and be registered with a doctor in the UK at the time you buy or renew this policy. Residents of the Isle of Man must have their main home in the Isle of Man and be registered with a local doctor.

Travel insurance should be purchased as soon as you would like to be covered for cancellation for your trip. For single trip policies, your cancellation cover comes into effect on the day of purchase, and all other benefits begin on the day you travel. For annual policies, cover begins on the commencement date of the policy so please ensure you select the correct start date to be fully covered for cancellation.

Our policies vary from Insurer to Insurer and some will automatically include cover for temporary occupations such as….

- bar work
- waitress/waiter
- chalet maids
- au pairs and nannies
- office work
- administrative and clerical duties

We may be able to provide cover for other occupations subject to an additional premium being paid. Whilst working cover may be restricted under certain sections so please ensure that you check your policy wording. Please feel free to contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to assist you.

When the appropriate winter sports premium has been paid some of your own winter sports equipment will be covered. The equipment cover will vary between brands, as such please refer to the winter sports section in your policy wordings for full details.

Most policies will cover Ski's (including binding), ski boots, ski poles and snowboarding as a minimum, whilst others will include additional cover for further equipment including ice skates. If you are looking to cover a specific item please refer to the policy wording or speak to a member of the customer care team, who will be able to confirm what equipment will be covered by your policy.

Under most circumstances we can extend an individual trip policy providing you let us know BEFORE your policy expires and at the time of requesting the extension you are not intending to make a claim.

Many of our clients have found this feature useful when they have been travelling abroad for an indeterminate period, particularly when you consider that, should you return early on an individual trip policy, no refund of premium will be allowed by insurers.

Our maximum age limit is 99 but if you over this age we may still be able to help so please do give us a call on 0330 880 3639.

If due to adverse weather your travel is delayed, you can claim against the policy for the additional accommodation and travel expenses incurred. You may also claim against the policy if after 12-24* hours of delay you decide to abandon your holiday.

Exclusions will be applicable, and terms vary between brands. Please check your policy wording for full details. Severe weather conditions existing or being publicly announced or forecast at the time of purchase of your insurance will not be covered.

Please note your policy will not offer compensation under this section when you are in the care of your airline or tour operator. All costs incurred must be referred to either your airline and or tour operator when in their care.

*Please see your policy wording for details.

Some of our policies offer Catastrophe or Natural disaster cover. Please check your policy wording for details of this cover.

If catastrophe cover is included with your policy, you will be eligible to claim for additional accommodation costs and travel expenses, in the event you need to re-locate as a result of a natural disaster whilst on holiday. Please note your accommodation is only covered up to the standard of your original booking.

Claims will also be considered should it be necessary and unavoidable for you to cancel your holiday as a result of a natural disaster or catastrophe, up to the amount shown in your schedule of benefits. You may also claim against your policy in the event that you abandon your trip after 12-24* hours of delay on your outward journey. Please refer to the claims handler of your policy before deciding to cancel or abandon your holiday.

Please note that expenses that are coverable by your airline or tour operator will not be covered by your travel insurance policy. For example, in the event of airline disruption, as the airline is responsible for you at this stage, they are also responsible for any compensation or alternative accommodation or travel costs.

Please refer to your policy wording for full details of Catastrophe cover, and be advised this cover is not provided with all policies.

*Please see your policy wording for details.

Our policies do not include cover for terrorism, however should you be injured in a terror attack whilst abroad, all of our policies offer emergency medical and repatriation cover as standard.

Please refer to your policy wording for full terms and conditions or alternatively please call our Customer Service team who will be happy to assist.

An excess is the amount that you are liable to pay in the event of claim and is normally on a per person basis, details of this are shown in the policy documents.

All the trips in the UK must be for at least 1 night in pre-booked accommodation, please refer to the individual policy wording for full terms and conditions.